About Natural Sea Sponge Wool Sponge
Originating from the Bahamas, Sea Wool sponges are a high quality value for money sponge; they are absorbent, durable, resilient, bulky in size and soft in texture. The Sea Wool sponge performs an excellent job of exfoliating the skin in a gentle, caring and natural way.
Ideal for working up a rich lather in the bath or shower, these super soft wool sponges are sustainably harvested in the Caribbean Sea and then hand processed, that's why some sizes and colours may vary. Ideal for all skin types, including babies, the natural wool sponges can last from 6 months to a year with normal care.
What are natural sea sponges?
Natural sea sponges are among the worlds simplest living organisms, containing many plant like properties, they have the ability to reproduce and regenerate from a single cell. Natural sea sponges are often found in temperate seas and are ethically harvested for use on the body; scientists have even confirmed that the harvesting of sea sponges actually enhances the health and population, and many harvesting areas are marine protected. They're cut leaving the roots in tact, so the natural sea sponge then continues to grow again. Unlike synthetic sponges, when wet they have a silky smooth texture that doesn't peel.
What are the benefits of using a natural sea sponge?
- They are biodegradable
- They help naturally cleanse the skin without causing irritation
- They naturally inhibit the growth of bacteria and they don't retain odours
- They are a renewable natural resource
- They're hand processed
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive
How to use the Natural Sea Sponge Wool Sponge
- Apply to damp skin in the bath or shower, sea sponges will enlarge by approximately 10% when wet
- Using a soap, or shower gel gently lather using circular motions
- Always rinse the sponge after use, gently squeeze to remove water, and allow to dry naturally where air can circulate
Care tips: do not bleach, boil machine wash or wring out. For a more thoroughly cleanse, mix one part warm water and one part white wine vinegar and soak for up to one hour, it can also be mixed by citracidal to clean. Leave to dry as per instructions.
About the Natural Sea Sponge Company
Founded in 1996, the brand ethically harvests and hand prepares natural sea sponges and brushes to care for the skin. With a collection of four types of sea sponges, and a body brush, they are the go-to brand for sustainably sourced natural body treatments that give you an at-home spa experience.